Hampta Pass Trek
A well-connected & short trek, Hampta never-the-less takes you to the pristine world in a short duration. With snow-clad mountains dominating the views all through the trek, one gets mighty views of the Dhauladhar range from the pass & the trek ends at the majectic Chandratal lake. The change of scenery across the pass is really a treat to the eyes & refreshes you.
Day 1: Arrive at Manali. Drivetill Jobra, trek from Jobra to Chikka (3070m)
Day 2: Trek from Chikka (3070m) to Balu ka Ghera (3630m)
Day 3: Trek from Balu ka Ghera (3630m) to Sheagoru (3930m) via Hampta Pass (4230m)
Day 4: Trek from Sheagoru (3930m) to Chatru (3350m) & drive till Chandratal (4300m)
Day 5: Drive from Chandratal(4300m) to Manali(2050m)
Drive from Manali to Jobra(1 hour), trek to Chikka(2 hours)
Arrive in Manali. The Wildboots team will meet you in the morning, Day 1. We will assemble and leave for Jobra by vehicles by 11 AM in the morning. Reach Jobra in an hour and start the trek from the Allain Duhugan Hydel Project junction upwards towards Chikka. Overnight stay in tents.
Trek from Chikka to Balu ka ghare(6-7 hours)
After breakfast, we will trek along the Rani nullah along a well-marked trail through a forest of rhododendron trees. The trek towards Balu ka Ghera will take around 6-7 hours and all along the way, we will get spectacular views of the Dhauladhar range of mountains. Overnight stay in tents.
Trek from Balu ka Ghera to Sheagoru, via Hampta Pass(6-7 hours)
Today, we cross the Hampta Pass and enter Spiti valley. The stark contrast in the views on either sides of the pass will mesmerize us all. It’s a moderately tough climb today, along a boulder and moraine ridden trail. Depending on the time, there may be snow towards the top of the pass. The pass affords spectacular views of the green valley we are leaving behind. Onwards, it’s a 2 hours steep descent to Sheagoru. Overnight stay in tents.
Trek from Sheagoru to Chatru(3 hours), Drive to Chandratal(2 hours)
Today, we descend through an easy trail towards Chatru. We are in Spiti valley, and the difference in the scenery is stark as compared to the earlier 2 days of trekking. From Chatru, we drive towards Chandratal lake. We camp overnight along the banks of the lakes.
Drive from Chandratal to Manali(5 hours)
We depart to Manali after relaxing around the lake in the morning and reach back by late afternoon.
INR 11,200 per person
From Manali to Manali
Trek cost includes:
- Transfer by vehicle from Manali to Jobra and Chandratal to Manali
- Good quality tents, sleeping bags, carry mats and crampons (if and where required). Tented accommodation will be on double / triple sharing basis.
- Safety equipment – first aid kit, stretcher(where required, for use in case of emergencies only)
- All vegetarian meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner on all trek days) for the trek duration
- WildBoots trek leader, guide, cook and camp helpers and horses / mules / porters as may be required for carrying the equipment
- Permits, fees and other charges imposed by local authorities, national parks, etc.
Trek cost does not include:
- Transport costs to reach the trek reporting location (Manali)
- Meals, snacks, mineral water, telephone, tips and other incidental expenses during travel to and from base camp of the trek
- Transportation for sightseeing in and around Manali before / after the trek. Transport can be arranged but will be charged separately as per cost incurred.
- Trekkers are expected to trek carrying their own backpack. Those intending to trek without backpacks or carrying only a day-pack and offloading their backpacks onto the horses / mules will have to bear an additional cost.
- Cost of doctors, medical officers. WildBoots trek leaders are trained in First Aid to assist in case of medical emergencies.
- Emergency evacuation related costs owing to personal emergencies or external weather conditions.
Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Manali is well connected by road with New Delhi(13 hours) and Chandigarh(8 hours). Leh can also be reached by taking a flight to Kullu(1 hour) and then by road onwards(2 hours).
Reporting Date & Time
You need to reach Manali in the morning of Day 1
If possible, reach Manali a day earlier, before Day 1 of the trek. All trekkers will be assembled and will leave together by vehicle for Jobra from Manali latest by 11 am on Day 1 of the trek.
Return Date & Time:
Please plan on return travel from Manali on Day 5 evening or the next day.
What to bring, how to prepare
Please go through the list of the personal trekking gear you are expected to carry for the trek, high altitude trek preparation and more in the Information section.